ADVERTISEMENT

New MBB player

1. Slashing ability
2. Can run the floor
3. Experience
4. Solid backup at both the 3 and 4 positions
5. 72.1% FT percentage before fracturing his tibia to end this past season at UALR...a better option to be in close games late than some others potentially
6. 10 to 15 potential friends and family members from the Jonesboro area will add to the 1400 or so fans at home games ;)

Coincidentally, White signs his Grant in Aid today, June 4th, with Tech... http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/060415aaa.html

Last edited:
Potential starting lineup will have 4 seniors...

Jorgenson, 6-0 So.
Heath, 6-2, Jr.
Smith, 6-1, Sr.
Jackson, 6-2, So.
Georges-Hunt, 6-5, Sr.
Stephens, 6-8, Jr.
Mitchell, 6-8, Sr.
White, 6-8, Sr.
Jacobs, 6-8, Sr.
Lammers, 6-10, So. or Ogbonda, 6-9, Fr.

Heyward may get some time at the 1 if ever needed and Gueye may get some time with improvement at the 4 or 3.

Won't know until we see him of course. But, I like his size and strength. A lefty gives a different look underneath. Should complement Mitchell pretty well I'd think. Cox was not a consistent finisher inside 5 feet. Hopefully Jacobs will be.

He played in 93 games at Bama while starting 57 of them. So, he has experience. Hopefully, sitting out the requisite year last year will help him. He is yet another liability at the charity stripe as he shot just south of 60% during his 3 years in Tuscaloosa. Then again, while averaging right at 20 mpg in each of his 3 seasons, he only averaged getting to the line about 1.7 times per game which I think should be more for a post player.

While I don't expect it will happen, my hope is that Gregory turns the offense over to as assistant (Herrion preferably). This means full preparation and especially designing plays at end of games during timeouts...though, that should be well thought out and practiced with many options in October.

Maybe he will make some changes. I think he should have as good a team as he has ever had at GT. His team rankings show steady improvement each year. I think it was Massey I was looking at for those. If the team gets a little better on offense, they just need to close better and they might get close to 500 in ACC play. That'll be the best they have been in a while.

Not sure it would make many people happy though.

It would make me very happy. I'm sick of losing and the season essentially being over before January is complete. I'm skeptical as I know many others are.

I hope in particular we see significant improvement out of Jorgenson and Jackson. Regardless of whether Gregory gets another year (with a good season...hopefully...this upcoming winter) or we have a new HC, assuming those 2 guys stick with the program, they are key pieces of any rebuilding effort moving forward. There were hints and rumors that Travis may transfer after this past season, but hopefully no news is good news and he's sticking with Tech.

No doubt Jorgenson needs to have a big season. Taking the next step in his development and becoming a good consistent ACC caliber PG is essential to any success.

people don't have patience with long-term rebuilding. The academic accomplishments under Gregory have won him a lot of patience with the GT leadership. I don't think most people in the fan base understand this. I know the media (especially the locals) don't care about this at all.
I think one thing that ruined Hewitt's enthusiasm was his inability to recruit both basketball players that he liked and get them into the school. Once his teams started having academic issues (with the loss of scholarships) I think admissions really clamped down on him and he basically started going through the motions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT