ADVERTISEMENT

LSU LesMiles gone

Notre Dame defensive coordinator (and ex Falcons and Dwags DC) Brian VanGorder has been fired.

LINK

I have to give it to Les Miles. He definitely takes the high road and acts with class in this interview today with Dan Patrick... http://247sports.com/Bolt/What-Les-Miles-said-about-being-fired-on-The-Dan-Patrick-Show-47791847

Of course, he wants to be a head coach and probably will be soon. So, dogging his previous employer doesn't do him any good. Smart to take the high road.

He's got the perfect mix of smart ass in him to be endearing to Georgia Tech people. Just sayin'. ;)

I've often wondered if Miles had the temperament for Ga Tech. I know he would need to step up his recruiting a bit. His biggest critics are talking about a lack of talent on offense, especially QB. If he can't recruit a QB to LSU, I am not sure how he'd do at GT.

He would be a character that's for sure.

I expect LSU to go after Houston Cougars HC, Tom Herman. He reportedly already makes $3M per year per his wiki profile. With Houston trying to lure an invite into the Big 12, I imagine the big money donors at UH will pony up whatever is needed to at least assure money is not an issue in potentially luring him away by LSU.

I expect LSU to go after Houston Cougars HC, Tom Herman. He reportedly already makes $3M per year per his wiki profile. With Houston trying to lure an invite into the Big 12, I imagine the big money donors at UH will pony up whatever is needed to at least assure money is not an issue in potentially luring him away by LSU.
I have no idea if this is true heard it on the radio that LSU will have to pay Miles +10m

Les Miles had some mind-boggling clock management games, a few that have ended up working out okay in spite of it, a few, like Saturday, that cost them the win. I would think with the size of the linemen they have, they should be able to run whatever scheme they want offensively and be better than mediocre on offense. It's kind of the place top quarterbacks have gone to devolve instead of develop.

Your's must be pretty good all I got was a pen. ;) Guess I can use your credit card a little longer.

You've hit on 13 of your last 20 point spread plays. I have something else in mind for your usage of my credit card. :D

Miles was 5-2 against Bama in his first 7 years. He's 0-5 since.

Speaking of Bama, the best thing to them the other night when Auburn defeated LSU was perhaps that Gus Malzahn's job has been spared...for now.

;)

I've already told you all that it will take a lot of drinking to get through this Tech season. Melanie is an inspiration. LOL!

I am here to enable, er, help. RED WINEDRUNK BUDDIES

Learn from my mistake. Have water and Advil on the bedside table for after. Like a lot of Advil. In fact, that could be the investment tip of the season. Buy stock in pain killers!

I am here to enable, er, help. RED WINEDRUNK BUDDIES

Learn from my mistake. Have water and Advil on the bedside table for after. Like a lot of Advil. In fact, that could be the investment tip of the season. Buy stock in pain killers!
The trick is not to stop drinking.

If I'm asked I'll turn it down.

If you change your mind, I'd like to be your Defensive Coordinator. I can coordinate all of your defensive statements to the press or fans whenever they question your coaching.

Purely hypothetical because hell be unavailable when Ga Tech does look for their next coach.

Could Les Miles be a coach Ga Tech? Would his personality work with Ga Tech?

Would he be a personality who could grab the recruits attention?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT