ADVERTISEMENT

Hiring a Univ. of North Carolina graduate is a risk

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is a joke. I don't think all of their graduates are jokes, but the fact their alumni aren't screaming for significant sanctions to be self-imposed by their joke cheating athletic program is heard silent and full of usual UNC arrogance and deflection.

This "university" has had 4+ years of chances to come clean. Not going to do it. They will continue to exhibit their arrogance and deflect to the levels which will make politicians envious.

I will never hire another UNC alumnus. I hope none of you do either. At least until their alumni base demand and effectively create positive change. It starts with admission of the obvious. But, don't hold your breath. These folks take arrogance to levels never seen or understood.

I am embarrassed that Georgia Tech is actually associated with such a pathetically and profoundly disgusting "institution of higher learning" in the ACC. It will be interesting to see if being on accreditation probation will have any effect whatsoever on all these goofy rankings of the "best schools to attend" lists. Likely not. They are just as dumb as the ones they list.

Probably longer than the 20 years of (known) cheating they systemically planned, created and managed. You know, like back to the days when the ACC's Commissioner was the AD there.

Do you remember the trouble Clemson got into while Swofford was the AD at UNC?

Do you remember the ACC imposing more penalties on Clemson than the NCAA placed on the school?

I doubt Swofford will do that to UNC, although they deserve it.

Yes, I do. Clemson was furious. Clemson (and all of the ACC for that matter) should be even more furious this go around if UNC gets off with nothing from the ACC. Swofford doesn't have the stones to impose anything on UNC. And it is much worse than what Clemson did in the late 70's and early 80's because multiple UNC programs are involved, it went on much longer, and it was systemic in nature. Of course, UNC isn't going to do the honorable thing and self-impose themselves. Instead, they will continue to deflect, deny, lie, and act arrogant. Their alumni will support all of that and not hold their alma mater accountable.

I think they are banking to the self imposed penalties from the Bag-Man investigation to get them through this one too.

Is there a complete list of athletes who took these bogus classes?

I'm sure there is. Pack Pride likely not only has that list, but complete ancestry to their great great great grandparents, what kindergarten each athlete attended along with associated report cards, and bank records for each. :D

There has been an exodus of UNC women's hoops players from their program. I wonder if they have been informed that UNC's athletic programs are getting ready to take serious hits from the NCAA???

Or, perhaps they are starting to figure out they may actually have to attend classes. Or, perhaps they are starting to figure out their degrees are pretty much viewed as worthless by many.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT