ADVERTISEMENT

Havoline Football Saturdays in the South 2015 TV series

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
It returns for another season to get us ready throughout July and into August. 6 episodes as normal. Episode #4 will highlight Georgia Tech Gameday All-ACCess and episode #6 will feature our own QB Justin Thomas.

Here is the listing of episodes and TV coverage info by city/station/date/time/etc... http://www.theacc.com/page/Football-Saturdays

Enjoy!

Just a reminder episode #1 begins for most of the affiliates this weekend.

The first 3 episodes have been very good (as usual). A couple of tear jerker moments thrown in to tug at your heart as well. The feature on Clemson's equipment manager, David Saville, was particularly outstanding. Saville has Down Syndrome but has been embraced by Coach Swinney as an integral part of their FB program. Great to see.

The feature on the late Welles Crowther, who played lacrosse at BC, and who died as a hero saving lives far up in the south tower of the World Trade Center that was hit on 911 was awesome as well. I did not know the story of the bandanna and how BC used it to add motivation when honoring Crowther in the lead up and eventual upset of Southern Cal at home last season.

I also found the story on Clemson's DeShaun Watson fascinating. His mom had her tongue removed from a battle of tongue cancer. He pulls a lot of strength from her. What a classy lady and classy young man Watson appears to be. He's just a rising sophomore there and I'm already ready for his eligibility to be complete (and I mean that as a compliment).

Great stuff indeed so far. Like I said, as usual. This series has won 5 Emmy awards for a reason. Thank goodness for DVR where I can fast forward through the dumb portions like the recent Game Day coverage of Cesspool events where idiots bark and drool all over themselves.

As a reminder, the first of two Tech related features comes up this weekend in Episode #4. The GT Game Day coverage will be included. Times for Atlanta-based viewers are Sat. 9pm on WATL My TV or late Sunday night at midnight on WXIA.

The other GT-related feature will be the final of six episodes where FSitS will include a segment with JT5.

Just a reminder, the final of six episodes will air this upcoming weekend. This final episode will include a feature with JT5. Looking forward to it.

Also, there will be a feature entitled "ACC Kickoff All Access"...will have to wait and see what that entails.

Dear Buddha...please get us through these final 2 weeks.

tumblr_inline_mk8mkxq58F1qde7vc.gif

thanks for the updates...

highschool football is getting close. So there is a lot going on now. can't wait to actually start playing some games.

ADVERTISEMENT