ADVERTISEMENT

Golfing J's on PGA Tour: Season Finale in Atlanta

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Two Golfing J's will participate in the Tour Championship this week at East Lake CC in Atlanta. As pgatour.com referenced it (well IMO), Roberto Castro is playing on "house money" this week as he came from way back in the standings and qualified for the top 30 with a super 3rd place finish at the BMW Championship 2 weeks ago. Matt Kuchar has of course consistently been in the top 30 most of the season.

Kooch was of course chosen by Davis Love III for the U.S. Ryder Cup team since the BMW. With a Tour Championship win this week - or even perhaps just a strong top 5 finish - there is a small chance that Castro could be considered by DLIII for his final Captain's pick when the TC is completed.

Tee times this Thursday for our GJ's...

-12:20pm Castro will be playing with Kevin Na
-12:50pm Kuchar will be playing with Kevin Chappell

NBC will have weekend network coverage. Looks like the weather should be clear all 4 days.

Good luck to Castro and Kooch. Hopefully, one of them will walk away with a TC title.

Kooch with a 1-under 69 today has him tied for 9th and 3 strokes back of the lead.

Castro cards a 3-over 73 and he's tied for 17th (remember, only 30 players in this event).

About a dozen guys finishing up their 1st rounds as of 5pm. Will know tee times and pairings for Friday later.

It was great to see Kooch on the sidelines last night with olympic medal donned! He's off to a good start today with a birdie and two pars after three (hope I don't jinx him which I always seem to do commenting mid-round). Hope he and Castro finish the season in style!

Tiny board side note - my daughter finished her high school qualifying rounds as #2 on the varsity squad as a freshman. Always great to see hard work rewarded!

Tex.-
Can your daughter call plays? Supervise S.& C.? Fill in for Sewak the next oh say 9 Saturdays?
She must take after Dad with the clubs? Keep her going! Great accomplishment.

Tex.-
Can your daughter call plays? Supervise S.& C.? Fill in for Sewak the next oh say 9 Saturdays?
She must take after Dad with the clubs? Keep her going! Great accomplishment.

BFL, my daughter doesn't take after dad with the clubs and that's a good thing! I suck!!! Golf was a summertime camp thing during her youth, but at the end of last summer she asked us if she could start taking lessons. And in the last 12 months she has become a pretty good little golfer who shoots in the 80's in tournament play. Both of us are pretty new to the world of junior golf tournaments, and most of those parents are the driving force behind their kids. I'm the one parent out there who is constantly reminding my uber-driven daughter that it's just a game. Being a parent is such a fun ride!

One nice touch today... Castro and Kooch are paired together for the final round of the PGA Tour season... tee time = 1:05pm.

That was some entertaining stuff right there! What a way to end the season.

Damn. Arnie was a childhood favorite. Always found him classy while Nicklaus was stand-off-ish and kind of arrogant (IMO).

RIP, Arnie. Loved his commercials with Chris Bosh, Kevin Nealan, and that NASCAR guy whatever his name is (sorry, I don't follow motor sports).

Brian Vickers, but I don't follow that sport either. Those are all really good guys doing that spot.

Praying for him tonight, Jose, and Leo, Morris from the Hive(Morris died from surgical complications, he is known as Tar Heel Jacket). Leo is his 86 y.o. father, just awarded his Masters Degree from GT this year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT