ADVERTISEMENT

Bye Week@GT...Oct. 22...Time TBA and no TV

GTJT622

Mar 23, 2014
Bye Week will roll into Bobby Dodd Stadium in Week 8 looking to extend its winning streak over Tech to 2 games. Tech lost a year ago at Bye Week. No surprise I guess as 2015 was something worth forgetting.

Bye Week heads into this Week 7 with a 17-54 record. Their most impressive win on the season (I guess) is over Mississippi State. Then again, Mississippi State really sucks so not sure Bye Week really is dancing about that one. Side note, haven't the two participants in the Orange MEG from 2014's season really regressed since that game?

Bye Week combines a lot of different schemes with its offense and has faced pretty much every offensive scheme from its opponents. Their Head Coach, who just goes by the name Casper (sounds like one of those Brazilian soccer things), is correct in stating recently... "it doesn't matter what offense you go against, you have to execute your assignments". And just before that, he said something else that is rather true... "it doesn't matter what offensive scheme you run, nobody wants to be in 3rd and 10 situations more than they have to." Hey, if Casper gets it, why doesn't these TV morons that spit out the same baloney week after week after week? But, as usual, I digress.

There will be no TV or live streaming of this game. Tech might not even announce the kickoff time. Sounds kind of disrespectful to the fans of each team if you ask me. I guess everybody has kids with soccer matches or tee ball games that day and can't attend. Or, the scorching 68 degree temps will be too much to bear. We'll see.

Tech needs to bring its A game or we will face being beaten 2 years in a row. Thank Buddha we aren't playing Open Date this year. They are on a roll this season.

For other ACC games in Week 8 (which sees Clemson, FSU, Wake Forest, Pitt, Duke, as well as the SEC's Tennessee, the Cesspool, and a lot of others playing different versions of Bye Week or Open Date...maybe we'll get Bye Week's Scout Team...not sure how that program intends to be successful when they spread themselves out so thin...but, what do I know?...they beat us last year...and, with nothing by 1-star recruits too...*SIGH*)...

CubF6UGW8AAaRWb.jpg:large

In order to help with my picks I hope you put the BYE vs Georgia Tech game on the list that week. But knowing me I would still pick the wrong one. I Did tell you I changed my mind on the BC Clemson game ? I could tell by halftime I wanted Clemson.

I can't go back and change it unless you have some money, beer, or some combination of those two to pay me for the trouble. Of course, being significantly smarter than me (which really isn't saying much), you will probably use my credit card to pay me.

I can't go back and change it unless you have some money, beer, or some combination of those two to pay me for the trouble. Of course, being significantly smarter than me (which really isn't saying much), you will probably use my credit card to pay me.
It's over the limit :)

Hookers and blow takes credit cards these days? Daaaaaaaang. Technology is hitting the streets to all levels now.

SMOKING HOOKAH

It seems like we always end up in a push against the spread vs. Bye. Can we choose push in the Pick'em comtest?

For a price, you can choose whoever you'd like.

I'm hearing rumors that Bye Week's Athletic Director, George P. Burdell, is thinking of making a play for hiring CPJ away from us. Apparently, he likes teams with offenses and defenses that are hard to find.

Drum punchline

;);););););)

For a price, you can choose whoever you'd like.

I'm hearing rumors that Bye Week's Athletic Director, George P. Burdell, is thinking of making a play for hiring CPJ away from us. Apparently, he likes teams with offenses and defenses that are hard to find.

Drum punchline

;);););););)
If they are looking for coaches that have offenses and defenses that are hard to find they can look at most Big 12 teams.

Defense, yes. Offense in the Big 12...pretty easy to find. Of course, that may be due more to their defenses don't even exist, might as well hard to find.

:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT