ADVERTISEMENT

Atlanta Falcons - NFC Champions & Super Bowl Talk

BornAJacket

Dec 15, 2003
NW Georgia
Matt Ryan put a punctuation mark on his MVP season. What a game he had. The receivers dropped a few balls that Ryan put right on their hands, but otherwise they had an outstanding day as well. Julio Jones continues to be a beast.

I thought the Falcons would be able to put up points, but I did not expect Green Bay to be shut out in the first half. The defense did a great job getting pressure on Rodgers. The defense did well getting the ball turnover and making just enough plays to get the needed stops. That's the NFL defensive model right now.

Patriots are next and an early 3 point favorite. It'll be interesting to see the analysis and build up before the Super Bowl.

I have to say at the start of the year I would have been happy with 8 or 9 wins. They showed me I was wrong as always.

You are still happy with 8-9 wins, just extra happy now.

I am still concerned with the defense. They are not what they need to be. But they are getting the job done and forcing turnovers!

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2017...hup-set-patriots-vs-falcons/?e=gs-Rjp2uKwC2Xw

How They Got There: Atlanta Falcons

The Atlanta Falcons advance after a decisive bludgeoning of the Green Bay Packers at home, sending them to the Super Bowl for the first time in 18 years. The 44-21 victory came in the team’s last game ever at the Georgia Dome, as they will move across the street to the brand new, state-of-the-art Mercedes-Benz Stadium next year.

You are still happy with 8-9 wins, just extra happy now.

I am still concerned with the defense. They are not what they need to be. But they are getting the job done and forcing turnovers!
That last part sounds a little like Tech :)

Falcons landed yesterday as they arrived in Houston. Glad it's a Dome.

For a touch football game in the pro bowl last night, observed some nice tackles/takedowns. Reminds me of a few I played in.
Once dove after a friend in front of me for his flag about 10 years ago...the field was awfully muddy...it ended up with us both eating the lawn, although the muck made us look like pigs with you know what on our faces. I recovered the ball, then helped him up. Tommy said: "Really"?

Reactions: BornAJacket
"Really?" I can hear it now.

Media night didn't gain much new action except the Falcons playbook that went missing for assort period of time. I am sure it was an accident....

The largest deficit any Super Bowl team has come back from is 10 points.
Atlanta's Dirty Birds are up by 21 and get the ball first in the second half.
Fingers crossed!

So the Falcons refused t run the ball several times when in FG range... Blew the biggest lead in NFL history.

Hope Shannahan blows up San Francisco every game like that....

Why were they getting aggressive taking deep drops like on 3rd and 1 when the strip and scoop happened, then when in FG range when up by 8 late in the game(winding up punting after a 3rd and 30 didn't get close)?

I wish Quinn didn't use that last timeout to challenge a catch, when I kept thinking we need to save it to stop that last two point conversion. You want to get your best players on the field, with time to substitute and get in the right defense(with a breather).

Quinn discussed the hire the Pete Carroll and Nick Saban. I am sure he received resounding endorsements...

I am not sad Shanahan is gone. He blew the Falcons' victory. Run the ball...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT