ADVERTISEMENT

(Andy Demetra)Where is the talk for Richard Musterer?

Buzzforlife

Sep 14, 2015
Duluth, Ga.
Keep reading about everyone other than the greatest broadcaster living, Mr. Musterer. He has been a personal favorite for over 30 years(and he is all Georgia Tech). The chatter has been quiet, much like a Silent Bob movie. Please show your support below, so I can email this link to the school President and a few other dignitaries to voice our opinions from this site.

http://www.myajc.com/news/sports/co...rnallink_referralbox_free-to-premium-referral

Reactions: beesball.com
Richard should have had this job when Durham left. I've given up on trying to make any sense anymore out of this fanbase as well as expecting the leadership of the GTAA to make any intelligent moves.

*SIGH*

Reactions: Buzzforlife
At least we are probably going to agree in this thread, 100%.
If you will allow me to pontificate a little further on my post from above. Kurt Hoyt should have been and now should be his sidekick. They make a tremendous team, with great chemistry. When R.M. goes to Athens for football, Kurt can be doing the Tulane hoop contest in Atlanta. I'm not sure I could hear or pick up either broadcast while sitting near our band over in hel_. However, for the first time in decades, I'd like to try.

Sorry to stay off track, but Iceland pulled off one of the greatest upsets in soccer history today as they knocked off heavily - and I mean HEAVILY - favored England in the Euro 2016 Round of 16, 2-1.

The Iceland commentator was classic. These were his translated words as the final whistle blew...

“This is done! This is done! We are never going home! Did you see that! Did you see that! Never wake me from this amazing dream,” he screamed, before appearing to lose his voice as members of the squad poured on to the pitch.

“Boo as you like England! Iceland is going to play France on Sunday. France Iceland! You can go home. You can go out of Europe. You can go wherever the hell you want. England 1 Iceland 2 is the closing score here in Nice. And the fairytale continues.”

HILARIOUS! Especially the underlined part above. Love it.

Rock Horns

Last edited:
Not that I have heard of. I am still trying to get the powers that be to acknowledge this thread.

Would appreciate if yourself, Texwood and Mel, could place some positive comments below here-in case any of the committee reads this soon.

I hope the petition where I am gathering signatures in my neighborhood can help. I guess when I reach 100, I'll need a facsimile number or to run it by the Edge Center. I'd put a copy in Ms. Val and Pres. Bud's mailbox off 10th, but that would break Poastal Regulatory Law.

Great, that means we probably get second best if smart enough to find the person who can even "bee" in the same golden honey hive, as yourself.

The longer it takes, the bigger the frown has grown on my face. It is a travesty! Do they listen to tapes? Can they hear the fan base? Where is the base? Thought this was a "smart school"? O.K., it still is, however the Athletic Dept. leaves so much to be determined these days in leadership.

I couldn't read the KQ article buzzforlife posted because it is a premium article. Who are the final candidates?

The search for the next voice of the Yellow Jackets may wrap up in about a week, possibly less.
Last Friday and this Monday, athletic department officials conducted on-campus interviews with three candidates, whose identities couldn’t be confirmed. A decision among the three had not been reached as of Wednesday, deputy athletic director Brett Daniels said. It’s conceivable another candidate could be brought in.

About 60 people applied for the job, whose profile has undoubtedly been raised by the jumps that the last two people in the chair have made. Wes Durham left Tech in 2013 for a play-by-play job with Fox Sports South, while Brandon Gaudin, Durham’s replacement, departed in June for jobs with EA Sports, the Big Ten Network and Westwood One Sports.

The new hire will have to get started quickly and had better already have a passport. Tech plays its first game Sept. 3 in Ireland.

A particular priority for athletic department officials with the search has been finding not only a play-by-play broadcasters for football and basketball games, but also someone who can fit into the culture of the institute. One way that Gaudin distinguished himself, particularly in the eyes of athletic director Mike Bobinski, was the way that he easily connected with Tech staff and fans.

Officials were looking for those qualities, as well as strong backgrounds with football and basketball, as they met with candidates.

Demetra did change his Twitter handle a few weeks ago from GamecockRadio to his own name when he became an apparent candidate but has yet to change anything else like his Twitter bio or background so it's not yet final. And he's still retweeting South Carolina oriented material as of 30 minutes ago.

Last edited:
Kelly is saying that he accepted it. Around 6:30 p.m., give or take.

....and from Rod at Scout/Hive-
7:45 PM
We passed along the info to the other 2 beat writers while we were waiting on CPJ this evening.
He was one of 3 names passed along to us a week ago.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT