ADVERTISEMENT

ACC Media Days and previews

If Tech can get the W in South Bend, I feel confident we will be 5-0 when we head to Clemson. I think the guys will have Rutgers-Durham and The Cheaters circled in games 4 and 5.

games 4 & 5 will be just as tough as any of the other ACC games. I expect Duke to play well.

I don't expect UNC to have the unstoppable offense they showed last season. That one just got weird.

Duke lost a lot - Crowder and Boone in particular. UNC hasn't beaten us in Atlanta since 1997. I think that streak continues. I don't think we will play as terrible as we did against Duke last year nor do I think our D will play as poorly as it did in Chapel Hell last year. UNC should be solid on offense, but I don't think they put up 40+ on us. I do think we will put up 40+ on them. Paul Johnson does not like the Baby Blues and losing to them even less. I agree they will be tough, but I like our chances to pull W's in those 2.

Both GT and Duke will have played Tulane. So there's that comparison that will be made. GT and Duke will be the only ACC game that weekend. Not sure what that means for the game time.

first two ACC games are again both coastal games for GT week 5. Wins will give GT the edge in the standings early.

Duke doesn't play its second coastal game until week 8.
Miami week 9
unc week 8
Pitt week 7
UVA week 8
Va Tech week 7

Yep. The team with the easiest cross-division schedule is Va Tech some keep saying from the ACC Media Days. Having said that, I read somewhere today that they are 0-4 the last 2 seasons, 1-6 over the last 3 seasons, and 3-7 over the last 4 seasons against the Atlantic Division.

This assertion is being made because both Miami and Tech have to face both Clemson and FSU. I don't think traveling to BC will be easy or a win for the Hokies and NC State at home will be no gimme either. The Real Tech has never beaten VPI&SU in consecutive seasons. Time for that to change.

Both GT and Duke will have played Tulane. So there's that comparison that will be made. GT and Duke will be the only ACC game that weekend. Not sure what that means for the game time.

first two ACC games are again both coastal games for GT week 5. Wins will give GT the edge in the standings early.

Duke doesn't play its second coastal game until week 8.
Miami week 9
unc week 8
Pitt week 7
UVA week 8
Va Tech week 7

Miami doesn't play its first ACC game until October 10 at FSU. But then, has to follow that tough one up with Va Tech and Clemson at home before heading to Duke. Depending on the time of games on October 10th, Tech could register 3 ACC games prior to Miami even having started one.

Miami doesn't play its first ACC game until October 10 at FSU. But then, has to follow that tough one up with Va Tech and Clemson at home before heading to Duke. Depending on the time of games on October 10th, Tech could register 3 ACC games prior to Miami even having started one.
The ACC has made it a point to set-up the division games later in the season. I guess to build excitement toward the ACC championship. However, I think it would be better for them to put at least one game at the end of the season where it was ooc games or cross division games. It would give the fans an extra week to plan their travel to the ACC championship game.

Program note... Thursday evening, July 30, at 10pmET on ESPN-U you can watch a thrilling Yellow Jacket victory that occurred just after Thanksgiving last year. Enjoy!

And, if you miss it, you can check it out again at 4amET (6 hours later) or at 6pmET on Saturday, August 8. You know, to add to the 622 times you have already watched the replay.

The Orange Bowl victory over Mississippi State can also be seen on ESPN-U at 2amET early Sunday morning, Aug. 9. This is of course in addition to the 622 times you have already watched this replay as well.

Tick...tick...tick...will football ever get here? :mad:

Wow!

http://collegefootballfans.sportsblog.com/posts/2988944/acc-preview.html

Predictions
Atlantic Champion: Clemson Dark Horse: Louisville
Coastal Champion: Georgia Tech Dark Horse: Miami (FL)
Outcome: Georgia Tech over Clemson

Florida State’s reign atop the conference ends in 2015. The Seminoles still end up with ten wins, but they will not be able to beat Clemson, which ends up being the pivotal game of the year in the ACC. Georgia Tech, for the most part, defeats its opponents with ease and wins the Coastal Division comfortably. Both teams have a puncher’s chance to make it to the playoff, and Georgia Tech wins the ACC title game decisively with Justin Thomas leading the way. Whether they make the playoff or not will be determined in another post.

Wow!

http://collegefootballfans.sportsblog.com/posts/2988944/acc-preview.html

Predictions
Atlantic Champion: Clemson Dark Horse: Louisville
Coastal Champion: Georgia Tech Dark Horse: Miami (FL)
Outcome: Georgia Tech over Clemson
Florida State’s reign atop the conference ends in 2015. The Seminoles still end up with ten wins, but they will not be able to beat Clemson, which ends up being the pivotal game of the year in the ACC. Georgia Tech, for the most part, defeats its opponents with ease and wins the Coastal Division comfortably. Both teams have a puncher’s chance to make it to the playoff, and Georgia Tech wins the ACC title game decisively with Justin Thomas leading the way. Whether they make the playoff or not will be determined in another post.
I guess they are thinking FSU loses to Clemson, & Ga Tech to finish w/ 10 wins?

15 coaches who do more with less... http://campusinsiders.com/news/15-for-15-coaches-who-do-more-with-less-08-09-2015

10. Paul Johnson, Georgia Tech
Johnson has never been surrounded by scary talent, yet he wins wherever he puts down stakes.

Johnson has never shied away from challenges during his career. Armed with an old-school offense and work ethic, he’s had just two losing seasons in 18 years of coaching. He was practically unbeatable at Georgia Southern. He was a miracle worker in Annapolis, putting Navy on the map again following four decades of mostly futility. And he’s winning at Georgia Tech, despite being the ‘other’ team in state. Georgia is a breeding ground for blue-chip high school recruits, but very few of them actually wind up spending their college years on the Flats.

I personally think - though it isn't a popular viewpoint among many Tech fans (unfortunately IMO) - our talent has been a lot better than people give credit for. We will likely never be highly ranked - particularly on offense - because we recruit to our system. Having said that, if CPJ can "do more with less" imagine what he can "do more with more"? I'm no fan of recruiting rankings. I'll save why for a different thread, but there is no question like any organization (business certainly included) to succeed you need to have talent. This most recent signing class gets closer to "more". Hopefully, we can and will capitalize and continue to do so. Tech has a chance right now to really step up. We are getting more looks right now from very blue chippers. This 2015 season is huge. Winning after Turkey Day is too.

espn.com Q&A with Bryan Chamberlain... http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/83994/qa-with-georgia-tech-lt-bryan-chamberlain

Hale: Errin had a rough game in your loss to North Carolina, then he looked like a new player after that. Does that serve as a good template for young guys now -- they can make a mistake and get better from it?

Chamberlain: I give credit to Coach Johnson. Sometimes you mess up. I’ve had some mess-ups. But Coach Johnson gives you a clean slate. I really appreciate that. He’s a rough-nosed dude like I’ve never seen before, but at the end of the day, you look back as you get older and you start appreciating it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT