4:30 p.m.: Class AAAAA - Buford vs. Rome
8 p.m.: Class AAAAAA - Tucker vs. Valdosta

Saturday,
10 a.m.:
Class A public - Macon County vs. McIntosh County Academy
1 p.m.: Class AA - Benedictine vs. Fitzgerald
4:30 p.m.: Class AAAA - Cartersville vs. Thomson
8 p.m.: Class AAAAAAA - Grayson vs. Roswell

GT coaches offered Brad Stewart after a great championship game. His former team is playing 1pm Sat, maybe there's another gem to be found.

TD Roof at Buford is the only commit GT has playing. There are some GT recruits playing for sure.

Speaking of recruiting, there's no shock that the stacked team of Grayson is in the title game. Players from all over the metro area flocked to this team last summer.

They were calling me a relative of Brad's on another site, two years ago. Emailed all of his stats., accomplishments to the Tech staff before the recruitment began by CPJ. Same with Dorian Walker.

Not trying to take any credit, but when you sit in the Dome all day...talent just oozes out of these games. A person begins to realize who has D1 abilities. Winners come forward.

Reactions: BornAJacket
The second game hasn't been as close. Cedar Grove leading 23-9 as they start the 4th.

GAC lost their QB after 6 plays. That's always tough in HS.

Cedar Grove puts together a late drive after those 3 turnovers to ice the game 30-19 with 2:09 left.

Edit: Final Now.

Also the hit to the head of Mills should have resulted in a penalty.

Last edited:
War of the Wolves is next.

5A Championship between Rome and Buford.

I am sure Ted Roof will be in the building supporting his sons.

yes sir. first year coach too. He's setting a high standard.

Rome finished off Buford with some excellent defense. Two years in a row that Buford has lost the championship game. I know they are wondering about all that.

Benedictine wins over Fitzgerald. They have a good program.

Cartersville defense looks outstanding. People talk about their offense, but their defense is what's been winning them games.

My buddy from Norcross always tells me that the only H.S. team in this state to out recruit Norcross HS are the Grayson(Rams).

Last edited:
Great article! Appreciate you sharing it!!

I admire FCA very much, but Coach Dodd told me one time concerning Coach Curry...."he might not want to soly recruit them only"(I asked him why so many athletes were leaving due to home sickness, tired of playing ball/hitting each other, etc.). Not that Christian people who worship regularly can't succeed in football, his point was that agnostic or atheists or believers not going to church every week, can still be good student athletes. Coach/Ordained Minister Moore brings that special spiritual guidance to the team with encouragement, love and a unification of team unity. More of a need met, supplementing that aspect to their lives.

Reactions: CCjacket
yes sir. first year coach too. He's setting a high standard.

Rome finished off Buford with some excellent defense. Two years in a row that Buford has lost the championship game. I know they are wondering about all that.

And basically zero offensive points two years in a row.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT